chat with me live tomorrow

Tomorrow, I’ll be participating in a live online Q&A about how to impress employers in a job interview, hosted by The Guardian (the U.K.’s third largest newspaper). I’m one of their six participating experts. Stop by! Ask questions!  Watch me say something British.

The chat is from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. British time, which is 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. EST. I’ll be joining at 9 a.m. EST … but you can post questions there starting today, and you can read the transcript any time after it’s over.

1. Interviewer

Is this a chat I need to read, or can I listen to it online? I’ll be in the middle of baking 4 pies at 7 a.m. CST tomorrow.

It’s actually all in writing, not audio, and there will be a transcript remaining afterwards. You can also post questions there beforehand if you want to — I’ll actually edit this post to clarify that!

2. Erica B

say something British?? lol does this mean you will be adding u’s to words where we don’t like in “colour” or “favourite”. Better set your spell check to UK English so they don’t think you’re all wacko misspelling things!

Oh don’t worry! The Guardian newspaper is famous for its mistakes and typos.

Joking aside, the careers advice section is always very interesting and the Dear Jeremy column is worth reading. (Jeremy is the British Ask a Manager, and I often wonder what Alison would make of some of the questions)

4. Clobbered

The Guardian is the UK’s best paper as far as I am concerned! They are also trying to make inroads into the US, if you go to the website from a US address you will see a version tuned to US audiences.

Great job and good luck!