- “The employer’s goal is to lowball me.”
- “If I try to negotiate, they might pull the offer entirely.”
- “If I ask for more and don’t get it, I’ll look silly accepting their lower offer.”
- “I don’t know what salary to ask for, so I might end up lowballing myself.”
- “I’ll look foolish if I don’t negotiate, but I’m happy with the initial offer.”
Over at U.S. News & World Report today, I talk about these fears and how to overcome them, so that you can negotiate with more confidence. You can read it here.