1. TheLabRat*

I just read that this was what you did in a comment on another blog and this really made my day. I had been wondering what kind of non-profit you were involved in and as I 1) have several friends whose lives have been adversely affected by this issue and 2) have several friends who work for similar organizations (and have done some letter writing to my Congressional Reps myself) you have no idea how happy this made me. Seriously, you made my day.

2. JohnQPublic*

I’ll chime in, I thought it was awesome (and definitely not what I expected) when I read what NPO you worked for. For what it’s worth I’m definitely on the legalization bandwagon, and at most I’ve only had a contact high. But I live in TX and we’re a little closer to the drug war than much of the country.

1. Ask a Manager* Post author

Thank you! I’ve found a lot of people support changing marijuana laws who have never used marijuana themselves — it’s very much a civil liberties, criminal justice, and taxpayer resources issue. It was rewarding work.