1. Liz in the City

As a fellow October bride (10/30/10), enjoy your fall wedding! We had a lovely day with sun, yet still cool(er) temperatures, plus many pictures with a backdrop of changing leaves. So excited for you!

1. fposte

Aww. Happy Valentine’s, AAM. And to everyone else, regardless of what you may or may not have found at Superdawg.

2. Josh S

That’s a really classy ring. Two tone gold, channel-set accent stones, and that criss-cross design — just … unique and classy.

If I’d have to venture a guess I’d say it’s a vintage/inherited piece? I don’t recall seeing anything like it when I was looking to buy my wife’s engagement ring…some 6 years ago. (And I was looking for something not dissimilar to it.)

Good job fiancé!

3. Katniss

Congrats!

Don’t know if this is poor manners but do you know the designer for your ring? My BF and I are ring shopping and I love the style!

4. Not So NewReader

I love the two tone rings. A classy choice, I think. A treasure for a life time…. Kind of like the man that comes with the ring, eh?!
    Am so very happy for you both.

5. AB

1. As non-native female American living in the U.S., who never understood the appeal of engagement rings, I must say, this one is simply gorgeous.

2. The fact that it’s sitting on top of a Jane Austen’s novels makes it even prettier!

Very happy for AAM and the lucky fiancee!

6. Aswin Kini MK

Congrats Alison! :) Hope you had a great Valentines day :)
    Wishing you and your fiancee all the very best!

Rose gold! I tried on some yellow gold rings just to see if I might end up liking them (because it’s hard to get the right metal with a redhead’s skin tone) and I just kept flashing in my head to my parents’ rings! Rose gold worked better.

7. Ellie H.

I LOVE Emma – I think it may be the funniest book I have ever read. And of course, your ring is beautiful!

8. businesslady

oh, that ring is just lovely! I’d actually been thinking about requesting a picture, so I’m glad you beat me to it. :)

9. Angry Writer

Funny how I always eyerolled at engagement rings … until I got mine last year! Now I love, love, love sharing in the joy. Gorgeous ring, it’s stunning! Congrats!

10. Megan

Oh, congratulations! Alison, it’s lovely, and how wonderful for you! squeeeee :) Sending well-wishes for lots of future happiness your way.

11. Valery

WHAT? Congrats! Love the ring and love, love, love Jane Austen. I consider myself a pretty dedicated follower but did I miss the announcement? And the story? Because the story is crucial!

1. Joanna

Yup, same here! Must have missed the original story. Regardless, all my best Alison – marriage is AWESOME if you do it right (right man, right goals and priorities). Since I’m the photography nerd, I’ll chime in – do NOT skimp on your wedding photos, because everything else fades away but beautiful, archival photos will not.

And your ring is so lovely. Happy-jealous for you. :)