1. Josh S

Congrats! I see that my Chicago-style ballot-stuffing efforts were a success! Vote early, vote often!

A very well-deserved award. Good job, Alison!

1. Ed

Congratulations! It’s great that your terrific work gets noticed. I hope you get a lot of new readers from this!

2. jesicka309

Great work!

Also, a great round up of the craziest letters you’ve ever gotten! :) A great way to enjoy my lunchbreak.

3. KV

CONGRATULATIONS Alison !
    Certainly a WELL-DESERVED win, in my opinion.

I have learnt to think a LOT differently ever since I started reading your blog.
    Even though much of the legal / procedural stuff may be America / Europe oriented, it doesn’t take away one bit from the rest of the well-thought out answers and suggestions that I have read here !

I hope to keep reading and learning more over the years.

Cheers!

4. TheSnarkyB

Congratulations!!! Thank you for making this site so awesome, for posting so much, and for curating such an awesome commenter community (I’m lookin at you Jamie)!!!

5. Jennifer

Congrats Alison! As both a reader and a letter writer, your blog has helped me immensely. It’s the one I always come back to, as it is always informative, and often times very entertaining.

6. Blinx

Many congratulations Alison! A well-deserved honor.

And might I say, those were some classic columns you referenced — can’t wait to see what gets blogged about this year!

7. Jamie

No one asked the important question – what did Alison wear to the ceremony? And is the foot healed enough for heels? Get it? A little bad homonym or homophone or heteronym humor (sorry, never could keep that kind of thing straight and Google is giving me conflicting answers.)

1. jubileejones

I always get those confused too. I think heteronym is a subcategory of homophone, so in this case both a homophone (same pronunciation, different meaning) and a heteronym (same pronunciation, different meaning and different spelling).

8. I wish I could say

Congratulations!
    Thank you for doing what you do.
    Your column should be required reading for everyone!

9. khilde

Hooray! This is a great blog with a great community — well deserved. It’s actually the only blog that I’ve ever really commented on thanks to the thoughtful discussion and decency of the people on board. There isn’t a training class I teach where I fail to reference your blog and give people the address.

10. jubileejones

Congratulations! Well-deserved. This is one of the few blogs that I visit multiple times per day.

11. HB

Woo-hoo!! Congratulations! This blog has helped me in many ways – it helped me clean up my resume and cover letter to land an amazing job where I’ve been happily employed for two years, and it has helped me grow as a manager. I’ve learned how to tactfully handle tough situations and compassionately but firmly give construct feedback. Thanks for this amazing blog, Alison! I direct my friends/students here all the time!

12. JB

Did you call everyday to see if you won? (Reference to letter in this mailing)

Love your advice. Keep it coming.