back…

I’m back!  And this happened:

(click to enlarge)

And special thanks to Ireland Chauffeur Travel, who drove us around for the second week of the trip once we left Dublin — on Ireland’s terrifyingly narrow roads, no less — booked us into ridiculously great hotels, and gave us an awesome guide. If you’re going to Ireland, I strongly recommend them.

Posted in me

1. Eddy

Just catching up on this week’s blogs and only just realized you’d been visiting our fine country.

Glad to see you managed to find some of our more scenic spots, and (hopefully!) found the trip memorable for all the right reasons.

Did you make it to Gougane Barra in West Cork? We got married there five years ago last Thursday; it’s a special place, miles off the beaten track. The church only holds about 20 people, which was perfect for us. This photo gives a good sense of it: http://irishflyfisher.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gougane-barra-lake.jpg

1. Eddy

It’s hard to go wrong in Cork :-)

Beautiful pictures, by the way. And luckily you managed to see a little bit of blue sky – doesn’t always happen!

And belated but sincere congratulations and best wishes to you both for a great future together.

2. The Other Dawn

Welcome back! Thanks for the pics; it looks just like I imagined it would. I hope to visit Ireland someday.

3. Molinnj

Gorgeous dress!!! Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage. And thanks for sharing the pics- looks like it was an amazingly beautiful trip!

4. Carrie in Scotland

I agree with the blue skies comment – same for Scotland!;-)
    Gorgeous pictures…I hope the kitties gave you a warm welcome home! (is that your husband in the bottom left?)

Many congratulations to you both – I wish you all the best.

1. businesslady

I was going to say exactly the same thing–congratulations on the wedding, the handsome husband, & the beautiful bridal attire. :)

1. Jessa

Very handsome guy. Mr. AAM looks like he’s really happy to be married to you. Congratulations again.

1. Jessica (the celt)

That was my question. :) Nifty!

Gorgeousness all around, from the dress to the views, Alison! Congratulations and welcome back!

I embiggened (is so a word) one of the pictures and kinda yelled at my own husband, “Ah! Sheeps! Yay!” :P

1. Jessica (the celt)

My boss. :-( She makes fun of me when I say, “Embiggen that so I can see it better” when I’m trying to help her with her computer troubles.

;~)

1. Jessa

I had a boss who thought piffle wasn’t a word, I finally photocopied the page from the dictionary, blew it up, put a construction paper border on it and taped it to my wall so I could point at it.

5. Another Job Seeker

Congratulations to you both! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I also appreciate the excellent advice you give us all!

6. Editor

Congratulations. So glad the trip was great and the photos were great and you got back safe and well. May it all feed your souls for a long time.

7. PuppyKat

All best wishes to you and your husband! Welcome back, and thank you for arranging to take care of the AAM community while you were away. (Updates and flashback posts.)

8. Ellie H.

Congratulations! Those photos are fantastic, thank you for sharing them with us. It looks like you had beautiful weather, and that is indeed a gorgeous wedding dress!

9. ChristineSW

Welcome back!!! Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Congratulations…may you and Mr. AAM have many years of wonderful memories.

10. Sandrine

Ooooh, thank you for sharing!

Hello Mr AAM, congratulations to you both on your marriage :)

Beautiful pictures, beautiful event…

Welcome back Alison :) !

Congratulations and welcome back! Thank you for sharing the stunning pictures. What a beautiful start to your life together! Much future happiness!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your dress is absolutely lovely and I’m sure you looked stunning in it on your wedding day! And wow, your scenic photos look like postcards. Must’ve been an amazing trip! We’re happy to have you back; thanks for sharing!

13. GeorgieGirl

Congratulations to both of you. What beautiful pictures. Your dress is gorgeous….how about a pic with you and Mr.AAM in your wedding attire!

14. Pussyfooter

Gosh, I’ve been away dealing with “life” for over a month.
    Just popped in to see how everyone’s advanced the conversation while I was gone.
    I’m curious what these places are and what you found most interesting on your trip…and at the wedding…and about being married, now.
    Welcome home :)

15. Maura

Congratulations! From one newlywed to another, I hope you’re as happy as we are! I don’t know about you, but we felt different right away… anyone who says it’s just a piece of paper doesn’t know what they’re talking about.