how to be your own boss — even when you have a manager

If you’re like most people, you’ve thought at times that it might be awfully nice not to have a boss. Unless you’re planning to start your own business, that probably isn’t an option – but you can minimize the amount of managing your boss has to do (and thereby get some additional autonomy and independence) by taking care of some big pieces of it yourself.

At Intuit QuickBase’s Fast Track blog today, I talk about four keys ways that you can benefit by acting as your own boss.  You can read it here.

1. B

I get very little feedback or information from my manager. I think he thinks i know everything as i’ve been there much longer than him! But this will be really helpful in lieu of actually being managed! And as i’m hoping to get a much better job in the next year hopefully it’ll stand me in good stead.

2. ArtsNerd

As someone who DID just quit my job to start a business, it’s encouraging to see that my partner and I are openly communicating about all of these.